Staff Award Nominations
The Pennsylvania State University, Department of Chemistry takes great pleasure in presenting awards which honor excellence in staff service. Three Awards have been established and each year a single award is granted to an eligible staff member.
- Wheeler P. Davey Award for Excellence in Scientific and Technical Support
- George Gilbert Pond Award for Excellence in Support of Undergraduate Education
- Gerald Wendt Award for Excellence in Support of Research and Graduate Programs
Nominations are solicited and a qualified recipient is chosen to receive an award of $1,200 from an endowment established by an anonymous donor. The award is presented at the Annual Chemistry Holiday Gathering which will take place from 2-4 pm Thursday, December 4, 2014 on the Chemistry Building Bridge.
This year the Staff Awards committee is seeking nominations for the “Gerald Wendt Award for Excellence in Support of Research and Graduate Programs"
Please use the following link to submit your nomination: nomination form.
THE DEADLINE FOR NOMINATIONS AND LETTERS OF SUPPORT IS MONDAY SEPTEMBER 10, 2014.
- Sandy Berkey
- Sharon Devlin
- Dana Hosko
- Sabrina Glasgow
- Shari Miller
- Theresa Peters
- Connie Smith
- Teresa Spayd
- Must be employed by the Department of Chemistry for at least 2 years
- May not have received an award in a previous cycle
- Must be a full time employee of the Department of Chemistry
Please feel free to contact any of the members of the Staff Awards Committee if you have any questions.
Staff Awards Committee
Dana Hosko (chair), Jacyln Stimely (secretary), Robert Crable, Larry Johns, Theresa Mellott and Suzanne Sunday.