Ombudsmen act as trusted and confidential intermediary between individuals and various departmental constituencies or administration. When approached, they will attempt to investigate, mediate, and resolve conflicts and inter-personnel issues that may arise in a course of job-related interactions among students, staff and faculty in order to improve working climate in the department.
The current ombudsmen are:
The ombudsmen may be contacted individually or as a team. All information shared with ombudsmen remains strictly confidential. If sharing of such information with others is required for resolution of the conflict or issue, it will be done only with the explicit permission of the person asking for help or advice. No records are generated or kept.
Additional information and advice can be found at the College or University level:
- ECoS Human Resources, Amanda Jones, 512 Thomas Bldg, firstname.lastname@example.org, 3-0212
- ECoS Climate and Diversity Committee
- PSU Office of Human Resources
- PSU Affirmative Action Office
- ECoS Code of Mutal Respect and Cooperation
- Employment Resources, Policies, and Procedures
- Policies and Rules for Undergraduate Students